Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Today's the day




This afternoon, I will hang the show with the help of Fred and two friends at the Terryberry Gallery downtown in the lower level of St. Cecilia. It's exciting, and I can't wait to get it done!! I'll post pictures soon of the results. The Roadside Poppies above will be a featured painting.

It's unbelievable the planning that goes into a show. I think non-artists would be amazed at everything that goes into preparing for this beyond creating the art and framing it. Details: Measuring space calculating what pieces would look good together in which space, typing labels, printing, cutting, creating postcards, addressing, trips to the post office and Office Depot. Making sure there's enough sticky tack, packing things into boxes, hoisting and packing and protecting surfaces. Yikes, and today's the day. I'm ready, I think.

No comments: