Friday, April 24, 2009

languages


I'm making some banners for a new Basic English worship service at our church. It's a way of welcoming the people who are struggling to learn English with something familiar. I've done some in the past, but we didn't have these two. The top is Nepali and the bottom is Burmese. I'm absolutely astonished by the shapes and designs! The next step is to show them to a native speaker and see if I copied them correctly. I caught a mistake as I was putting marker over the pencil lines. I skipped a whole section! After much erasing and re-examination, I think I did it!

The quote is Isaiah 9:1: " The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light." We've used the banners in our Advent worship as a way of tying ourselves to the church universal. We also have a set of languages with the furit of the Spirit.

1 comment:

Sara said...

When I visited Grama last week, she told me all about these. So fun to see them now -- they are GORGEOUS!