Tuesday, April 07, 2009

COLOR PLAY series

This series is a little further along and now the images need to 'marinate' a while. They may be done, but I have to live with them a bit to see if there are some finishing touches.
Maybe you could leave a comment aqnd let me know what you think.
These are 10"x10" gallery wrap canvases. I went and bought 10 more. I really was trying to do paintings with just one color family and have a limited palette, but all
these other colors started jumping
on. It must be the result of the
long winter!

5 comments:

C. Robin Janning said...

Virginia, I like these very much. They are fresh and vibrant -- spirited!

Virginia Wieringa said...

Thanks, Robin!

Nikki said...

I'm glad you allowed the other colors jump in here, because I'm getting a good jolt of energy from their play! I know what you mean about color-deprivation occurring over the course winter, so thanks for the boost!

Nikki said...

I forgot to comment on what you asked about - the top piece feels finished, and as I'm comparing this to previously blogged pieces, the bottom one could use more work..which you've probably already done?

Virginia Wieringa said...

Actually, no, I've stepped away from these to work on other things and I'll look at them 'with new eyes' when I see them again. Thanks for your comments!