Wednesday, June 25, 2014

2014 Advent Paintings

STAR OF WONDER, Virginia Wieringa, Acrylic 2014

STAR OF WONDER 2, Virginia Wieringa, Acrylic 2014


Emerging Star 2, Virginia Wieringa, Acrylic 2014


Emerging Star 3, Virginia Wieringa, Acrylic 2014



This series began in 1997 after an Advent sermon. These paintings were started last December of 2013. I have two Advent shows scheduled in churches in December 2014 and wanted to make sure these would be finished. Now on to other things...

I've 'watermarked' the image to prevent people just taking them and using them since they are my intellectual property. If you would like to pay and use a piece by permission, contact me at vwieringa@gmail.com and I can send you a high res JPEG without the writing.

1 comment:

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I love the trippy and spectacular use of patterns in your work. I also see a deep spirituality in the works too. Amazing and intriguing works.