Monday, September 26, 2011

Psalm 131 I am calm


This piece was completed yesterday after many days thinking about this Psalm and How it could be interpreted abstractly. It may not be everyone's interpretation, but it speaks to me. The top photo is without flash and the bottom one is with flash- which shows the iridescence.

Psalm 131

A song of ascents. Of David.

1 My heart is not proud, LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.

3 Israel, put your hope in the LORD
both now and forevermore.

New International Version (NIV)

2 comments:

Sue said...

I just came across your blog. Lovely artwork, very inspiring also in the context of psalms. Pity that it's not possible to enlarge your artwork a bit more to see the textures better.

Virginia Wieringa said...

Thanks, Sue. You can see these in person at Church of the Servant CRC in GR through the end of December.

(If I leave the files too big, they don't load quickly onto the blog.)