Wednesday, February 04, 2009

crutches

An update on my surgery, I now have crutches and can put some weight on my foot, but I still have to wear my storm trooper/cyborg boot for at least 3 more weeks. Once I can comfortably wear a tennis shoe, I can have the surgery on the other foot!

I'm continuing to do research for some icons of St. Joseph the worker (husband of Mary, earthly father of Jesus). The ones I like the best I found on a site called Eighth Day Icons by an Ohio iconographer, Daniel Nichols. http://www.eighthdayicons.com/index.htm His work is beyond my current level of skill, but very inspiring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are doing so well in your recovery. Crutches have to be a challenge, especially in the winter.

Virginia Wieringa said...

Crutches are less of a challenge in the snow than the cart was! Now that I can use my booted foot for balance, the crutches are good. I just can't put my full weight on that foot for a week or so.