Thursday, September 20, 2007

Promise, promises





These are photos of material I'm going to use to create a new banner. I've been doing sketches and plans. I'll post some of those soon. I just love all the subtle colors and textures. Now...if I can just get my sewing machine to work! Just another kind of art supply and it holds all the promise and potential for something beautiful...if I can just get my sewing machine to work!
I'm like my daughter when she was 3- I know what I want to do but I'm frustrated by my lack of knowledge...if I can just get my sewing machine to work! Does that sound like a prayer? It is!

2 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

It's a matter of "being friends" with your machine ... knowing the use of different attachments and feet, being brave about changing thread tensions (especially the bobbin), plus keeping it clean and oiled.

There are online groups through Yahoo for just about every model and make of sewing machines. You can ask specific questions and get solutions that have worked for others. I learned how to be friends with a new Brother machine. There was all kinds of information not available in the manual nor from the dealer.

Veedubya said...

Thanks, Nellie, I even bought a new
Babylock but it's giving me fits too! Fortunately the dealer is a good one!